Hi developer community,
I’m excited to announce that we’ve released the first set of APIs that will allow you to start building a migration path from server / Data Center to cloud for your app data, or integrate your existing server / Data Center to cloud migration path, with the Cloud Migration Assistants.
The Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant and the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant provide customers with a clear, step-by-step process for migrating users, spaces, projects, issues, and now marketplace app data from server and Data Center to cloud.
Our APIs are complete with developer documentation including:
- an end-to-end guide describing the full features of the App migration platform
- a getting started guide for interacting with the available APIs
- sample apps and references
We asked, you answered, and we delivered
We asked you, the developer community, if you would prefer to see “an end-to-end guide with clear instructions on which APIs are ready to use versus those that are coming soon” or “docs that only describe the APIs that are available and ready to use.” We received an overwhelming majority response to our poll with preference for a complete end-to-end-guide, so that’s what we delivered.
Additional APIs for:
- Step 2: Migration: Migrating your data with the App migration platform (Targeted for Aug 25, 2020)
- Step 3: Post-migration: Configure your cloud app for migration updates (Targeted for Sep 8, 2020)
- Jira specific migration blocker: workflow extensions (post functions, conditions, validators) (Target release data TBC)
- Jira specific migration friction: Bulk APIs to simplify data import with Entity Properties and Custom Fields have yet to be scheduled. Note: It is possible to migrate Entity Properties and Custom Fields with existing APIs , however we intend to make the process more reliable by providing you with bulk APIs to do so.
Watch the changelog for additional updates.
Getting ready for our customer EAP
We are preparing for customer announcements around our new migration capabilities towards the end of October and would love for your app to be included. Sign up to let us know that you’re ready to start building an app data migration path and participate in our customer EAP.
App vendors who have committed to building migration paths prior to October 20th will have the opportunity to be included in upcoming marketing campaigns. Examples include (but aren’t limited to):
- Inclusion in Cloud and Migration presentation tracks at Summit
- Inclusion in customer-facing EAP recruiting materials
- Inclusion in Atlassian Community features
- Inclusion in Field and channel enablement material
- Inclusion in public KB article that is promoted with Solution Partners and Atlassian Field Ops teams
Comment below or direct message with any questions. Thanks!